Uniform is available online via our school website from Price and Buckland . Order forms are also stocked in our school office. Items which can be bought from other retailers must comply with our Uniform Policy. If you are in doubt about the suitability of trousers, a skirt, shoes or any other item you have bought to wear to school:
- a) keep the receipt;
- b) ask the Pastoral team to tell you if the item is acceptable. If the item is unsuitable and unworn, the retailer should refund you the cost.
Do not rely on items being sold in a ‘School Wear Department’ of shops because they do not always comply with our Uniform Policy.
- Light blue polo shirt with the school logo.
- Dark blue school sweatshirt.
- In cool weather, pupils wear both.
- In warmer weather, pupils may wear the polo shirt only.
- There should be no visible T-shirts, or vests. PE kit cannot be worn instead of the polo shirt or sweatshirt.
- Completely black footwear with a heel less than 5 cm high. No logos, flashes or coloured laces. No boots above the ankle.
- Black trousers must be traditional and appropriate in style.
- Black socks must be worn.
- Trousers must be wool/polyester or cotton/polyester material and not elastic fabric, tracksuit trousers are not suitable.
- Denim is not acceptable.
- No studded pockets or contrast stitching.
- No jeans.
- No combat trousers.
- Tailored shorts to the knee are acceptable in hot weather.
- Black skirts designed for school. No tube skirts. No leggings, skinny trousers or jeans. No trousers with studded pockets.
- School skirts should end at the knee and should not be really short or have splits.
- Only black socks can be worn over black tights. If no tights are worn, pupils can wear either white or black socks. If tights are worn they must be black or flesh coloured and smart. No rips or holes.
- Hair styles/make-up No extravagant hair styles or colours. Discreet hair slides, hair bands and grips are permitted.
- Pupils in Years 10 and 11 are permitted to wear discreet make-up.
1 watch and 1 ring (maximum diameter 1cm).
Earrings – 1 stud in one ear or one stud in each ear.
Studs must be smaller than the ear lobe and discreet.
Eyebrow piercings, tongue piercings and other body piercings are not permitted.
Neck jewellery must not be visible.
This policy is reviewed by staff and the MSA at least once a year. The School Council are also invited to comment.
Just to clarify, the rule on footwear is ‘plain, black footwear’ and these pumps are acceptable but polishable shoes are preferred.