Mullion School: A Covid Secure School
Thank you to all our parents who support us with testing and in providing students with face masks and all the equipment that they need to be safe and successful during the school day.
Throughout this period we have taken regular guidance from the Government and Public Health England (PHE) in how we can ensure the safety of your children and our staff at the school and we will continue to follow their advice on how we should manage any suspected or confirmed cases within our school community.
The school still has stringent COVID-19 mitigation measures in place:
- Students and staff no longer have to wear face coverings in classrooms, corridors and communal areas but can if they wish
- Classroom windows and doors being open to support additional ventilation in classrooms
- A one way system in place around the school
- CO2 monitors in classrooms
- Hand sanitising on entry to every classroom
- Cleaning of desks and equipment at the end of each lesson
- Lunchtimes separated into year group time slots
- Face coverings to be worn on school buses
- Close monitoring of case numbers and sending letters to request PCR tests are sought when necessary
As parents we would like to ask you to continue to support the school by:
- Ensuring that your child has a mask to wear in the on school buses, in taxis and on public transport and encourage them to ensure that they continue to do this.
- Not sending your child into school if they are feeling poorly and in particular if they have any of the COVID-19 symptoms. If they are displaying symptoms you need to seek a PCR test for them immediately.
We are very grateful to our parental body for their overwhelming support with our COVID-19 mitigation strategies which we have had in place throughout this pandemic and trust that you will support us as we continue to learn how to live with the virus in the coming months and years.
Remote Education Provision: Information for Parents
This page seeks to answer any questions you may have about remote learning for students who attend Mullion School. As you are aware the landscape is constantly shifting and as such this information may well be updated as the year progresses. Should there be another lockdown or if your child needs to self-isolate we will still want our students to follow a broad and balanced curriculum and continue to make progress. If they are well enough to do so.
The Remote Curriculum: What Is Taught To Pupils At Home?
This will be as far as possible, in line with Mullion School’s curriculum. As such, should the school go into a closure of any kind during term time, or should students have any Covid related absences, they will be taught and will be provided with work for the entirety of their absence.
What Should My Child Expect If They Have To Self-isolate?
Should a student be asked to remain at home due to Covid related issues there will be work available on Google Classroom. Your child should have access to a Google Classroom for each of the subjects they study and this work will be based on the curriculum being delivered in school.
How Does My Child Access the Google Classroom?
Students should have the remote learning Google Classroom codes shared with them. If they do not know the codes please contact your child’s Head of Year and they will be able to help you. You and your children can also access Google Classroom by clicking on the tab on the homepage of the website. Work will be under the classroom tab and then click on the classwork tab.
What Can I Do If My Child Does Not Have Digital Or Online Access?
We understand that some students may not have access to suitable online access at home. If this is the case please contact the school and we will make appropriate provision. This could be the loan of chrome books and dongles or hard copies of the materials sent home.
Students can use laptops, mobile phones, tablets and even Playstation and Xboxes to access the learning.
Remember that we are here to help. Should you encounter any difficulties or require further support or guidance please do not hesitate to contact us on the details provided above and we will ensure the appropriate member of staff gets in touch with you.