Enquiry form

Please ask us a question





Contact info

Please contact us

Meaver Road
Helston
Mullion
Helston
Cornwall
TR12 7EB

Headteacher: Mr Wayne Randle
Tel. 01326 240098
enquiries@mullionschool.org.uk

Find us

Use the google map below



Contact us

Mullion School
Tel. 01326 240098

Events at Mullion School

Yr 11 Resistant Materials

At the moment the students are working feverishly to get their practical work completed in time for their Controlled Assignment deadline. This part of their course is worth 60% of their GCSE grade. The other 40% comes from their written exam, of which they have a taster at the end of this month by completing a mock exam in strict exam conditions.

The workshop is pushed to the limit with the year 11’s all working on different projects. The projects range from a scooter storage unit, modern radios, ipod docking systems, shelving units to a children’s aeroplane set to mention just a few. Each lesson sees the laser cutter, morticing machine, band saw, vertical sander, welding equipment, pipe bender, mechanical hacksaw, table router and hand tools all being used.

The students can impressively use these items independently. Having been taught how to use the equipment the students adhere to strict Health and Safety regulations to ensure their safety within the workshop.

Watch this space for the finished projects!

Mrs Tatham